The term ‘dementia’ is an umbrella term which is used to describe a range of symptoms including loss of memory, mood changes, and problems with communication and reasoning.
Our Dementia, Alzheimer’s and Memory Focused Care Programme is designed for people who are affected by memory problems, including people with Dementia and Alzheimer’s.
A diagnosis of dementia can come as a shock. Even if you are expecting it, this will be a worrying and upsetting time. You and your family will need lot of reassurance and support.
The complexities associated with dementia conditions often provide the greatest challenges to independent living. The good news is that research is being carried out every day, and while it may not change your diagnoses, there are lots of positive ways in which you can improve and extend your wellbeing and quality of life.
Our staff are experienced and specifically trained to care for people who have developed dementia. Our professional care teams will be there to support you and your family at this difficult time.
At Silver Stream we promote the principles of person-centred care. The person-centred care approach focuses on the individual, not the illness or conditions. Instead of treating you as a collection of symptoms and behaviours to be controlled, person centred care considers you as a whole, taking into account your unique qualities, abilities, interests, preferences and needs.
By adopting a person-centred approach to care delivery, coupled with the latest complementary therapies and focused activity programmes, we can ensure that the best possible outcomes are achieved within a safe and caring environment.
Our dementia care offering includes:
- Comprehensive Nursing & Medical Care
- Person Centred, Advanced Care Planning
- Personal Care Team
- Clinical Governance Team
- Medication Management
- Physiotherapy Care Access
- Dementia Focused, Specialist & Therapeutic Care Access
- Dementia Care Matters Approach
- Medicine for the Elderly Community Care Team Access
- Psychiatry of Old Age Community Care Team Access
- Palliative Community Care Team Access
Your Social Care
Your Care Environment
- Comfortable & Homely Environment
- Dementia Focused Design
- Dementia Friendly Environment
- Additional Safety & Security Features
- Temperature Controlled
- Continuous Cleanliness & Maintenance
- Private Visitor & Family Areas
Your Personal Care
- Comprehensive Personal Care
- Hair & Beauty Team Access
- Specialist & Complimentary Care Access
- Clean, Fresh Laundry & Linen
- Nutritional, Home Cooked Meals
- Specialist Dietary Requirements Catered For
- Dietician & Nutritionist Consultation
- Mealtime Assistance
- Weight Monitoring & Management
- Food & Fluid Monitoring & Management
Consultation & Support
- Care Team Support
- Open Door Policy
- Residents Committee
- Relatives Information & Support Group
- Dementia Support Group